As we wind down on this shortened week, we take a moment to reflect on the last 11 months and the things we’re thankful for.
It goes without saying, but we’re so thankful for all of our clients. Without them, we wouldn’t be here. We’re thankful for our friends and family; those we can be with and those we can’t. And last, but certainly not least, we’re thankful for God and His work in our lives and the opportunities we have to minister and fellowship with others.
And so now, before we all head our different directions for Thanksgiving, we release our first ever (but not annual):
10-ish Reasons We Love Thanksgiving:
1. Aside from a Las Vegas all-you-can-eat buffet, when else is it socially acceptable to eat a trashcan lid-sized plate of food?
2. Getting to spend time with family and friends.
2b. If you can’t spend it with family (or, don’t want to…) there’s always FOOTBALL!
3. Do you ever sleep better than the tryptophan-induced coma produced by consuming half your body weight in poultry?
4. That story your grandmother loves to tell, that you’ve heard 387 times is ALWAYS funnier the 388th time.
5. Playing a “friendly game” of touch football with that cousin that always has to take it to another level and tackle someone.
6. Avoiding getting “noogies” from that uncle that, no matter how old you are, remembers when you were ‘this high.’
7. The 9th Wonder of the World: “The Can-Shaped Cranberry Sauce” that goes UNTOUCHED, yet is consistently put on the table year after year.
8. Watching Uncle “Pull-my-finger” (every family seems to have one…) make an idiot out of himself. Again.
9. Turkey bowling. Yes. Turkey bowling.
11. The atomic bomb of all poultry meals: The Turduckin. For those who want to take holiday gluttony to that next level…
From all of us at Denver Advertising, to all of you, have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving!
Comments ( 0 )